Wednesday, September 3, 2008

UMN

all the bridges are vacant
because nobody says hello
or looks hello
and like the biggest billy goat,
gruff, tired, and the last line of defense,
i study architecture
instead of studying the emptiness
foisted upon me.
and i study
in a box, on a box
and i eat from a box. 

everywhere there are people
tussling their tresses, scuffling
too hip to pick up their feet
and it's cooler to wear gray
and disappear on bridges
and we fuck on futons
and shit in public bathrooms. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I assume that this is about your experience/revelation in college. I feel the same way sort of. Minus the whole college experience part obviously.

Right now I actually am sitting in an IMC, or study area, if you will, and everyone around me is small- talking with their friends as I sit at one of these cubicle like things by myself trying to motivate myself to do homework. Rather, I am on blogspot reading this poem and finding indirect encouragement from this poem. I am also in a box, or cubicle if you will. haha
Hang in there. Things somehow have a way of working themselves out.